Monday, August 18, 2008

The Veils

I heard the Veils on this dude from North Carolina's radio show. I've been listening to his show, "J's Indie Rock Mayhem" for around a year or so, and it's really been introducing me to a lot of great stuff. The Veils, who are from across the pond, debut album "Nux Vomica" was J's number 1 album of 2007. I don't exactly agree with him, but damn, its a great album. The singer may be off-putting to some because his voice kinda cracks throughout his singing. Not like a teenager really, though. It's hard to explain, but the words that come to my mind are attitude and passion with his singing. So passionate that this guy's voice cracks. I'll try to put up one of their songs on my playlist so I ya'll know what I'm talking about. Anywho, this album is really awesome guitar rock with lots of piano. I'm terrible at describing music, I know, but just take a chance on The Veils.

No comments: