Saturday, August 16, 2008

Catch up again...maybe I'll make this a weekly thing and then put like 5 bands. just an idea.

The Format,-These guys sadly broke up already after only two albums. But, damn, these two albums are so fantastic. Great folk/rock type stuff with lots of piano and lots of horn/instrumentation on their second album Dog Problems. Pick up both of these albums now, and look forward to "fun" the new band formed by Nate, the singer from The Format
Ben Kweller-I am always impressed by Ben Kweller. He did great stuff with "the bens" which was the band he was in with Ben Folds and Ben Lee, and all three of his albums are super good, especially his latest self titled ablum.
Ben Lee-This Aussie is a really great folk/popster. Great tunes.
My Morning Jacket-I've picked up their newest disc (which is incredible) and their last cd. Their last cd had a problem going onto my ipod, though. It won't play properly on there, so I haven't listened to it in a while. Gotta go back and listen, though, cuz it's a really good album too.

There you have it. Some semi-older (to me, perhaps newer to you) bands I've gotten into lately.

No comments: