Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Arcade Fire

The Arcade Fire are amazing! When I first heard clips of their songs on amazon I wasn't really impressed. I took a chance on them probably a year after their debut album, Funeral came out. I still like their first album better than their latest, Neon Bible, I think, but both of them are really great. I'm loving how The Arcade Fire, and TONS of other bands are using the piano to make their music that much better. What a lovely instrument the piano is. It can be used full on ala Ben Folds, or thrown in to enhance music greatly i.e. Travis' song "The Last Laugh of the Laughter". I picked up Dr. Dog's newest album fate today, and what a great use of piano! Anyway, The Arcade Fire also use great string arrangements along with horns. Believe the hype, The Arcade Fire totally rock, man! ;)

No comments: