Saturday, August 2, 2008

Band of the Day: 10,000 Maniacs (I know, another old school band, sorry)

I heard of 10,000 Maniacs around the same time I was getting into The Beautiful South, and REM when I was around 8-9 years old. What can I say? I'm ever grateful to my brothers and the Anderson family for turning me on to good music. I just picked up the Blind Man's Zoo and In My Tribe albums along with Matt Pond PA's new album (which I talked about yesterday) all for 15 bucks! Damn I love Graywhale! Anywho, 10,000 Maniacs are an amazing band. They're mostly really poppy/folk/rock. I really like their Unplugged album the best I think. It's fantastic. Too bad the Maniacs broke up a while back! Well, Natalie Merchant left the band, and they pretty much haven't been really that great since. After Natalie left I read that Rob Buck (the guitarist) passed away. I don't remember how long it's been since he passed on, but he was truly an amazing guitarist. I think Natalie Merchant is still making music, but she hasn't put out any new stuff for quite a while, so I'm not sure what she's up to. I've always had kind of a crush on her, though. Don't tell my wife :) Just kidding my wife already knows I have a crush on her.

No comments: