Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Band of the Day: Vampire Weekend

So I'm still pretty much cruising on bands/artists I've heard earlier this year, and late last year for the most part without blogging about new new stuff I've heard. This is a band I jumped on board with early (as in before their debut album came out). Their self-titled album is amazing! It's kinda afro-pop ala Paul Simon's Graceland album, and I'm loving it! These are some smart dudes that went to one of them prestigious Universities. Can't remember which one, but damn, they're some good musicians. Well, they play really catchy stuff at least. I guess you don't have to be superb musicians to write fantastic songs. Nah, I'll say it, their superb musicians to create such amazing pop music. It's catchy, hooky, danceable, and it...just...rocks. Maybe "rocks" isn't the right word, but I think I'll just use the word "rocks" to describe music that is really good. From now on, any music that I find good will be labled with the the words "it rocks." Got it? Good. Anyway, come back tomorrow for another great band of the day; if anyone reads this blog, that is.

No comments: