Saturday, August 9, 2008

Thursday, Friday, Saturday artists of the days

So I'll quickly mention three bands for the days I've missed. Thursday: The National. The National is a great band. They use a lot of piano and their singer is kind of a deep baritone. It's good stuff. Great poppy acoustic stuff with, like I said, lots of piano. Good times! I need to get their other album "Alligator" now. Friday: Spoon. When these guys first album "Gimme Fiction came out I liked it a lot, but I never picked it up. When their latest album "Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga" came out I readily snatched it up because I liked their last one, and cuz I really liked the one or two songs I heard from the newest album. This album is fantastic. Great pop/rock, with, once again, quite a bit of piano. These guys, though are more rock I'd say, therefore they have more electric guitars. This is a good thing with them. I really dig them, and this latest album. Now I just gotta get their other albums. And finally for today I'm going with an old school pick: Old 97's. These guys are quickly jumping their way up on my top ten bands list. They're most likely nearing the top five lately. Their latest, "Blame it on Gravity" is soooo amazing. I like it inside and out. Up and down. It's delicious! Maybe that's because I'm comparing it to their last album, "Drag it Up" which was good, but not quite as good as most of their other albums, upon retrospection, but this album is fantastic. It's the kind of record I want to play over and over and over. That could be because it's still new, perhaps, but I don't think so. It's an album, that'll probably remain one of my favorites for a long time to come. That's all for now, check back for more and hopefully I won't skip two days in a row anymore.(but don't quote me on that)

No comments: