Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Band of the Day: Okkervil River

Today's band of the Day is the folk-rockers Okkervil River. I heard of these guys probably 3-4 years ago, but just got into them last year. I've been listening to Dallas Does Indie, and J's Indie Rock Mayhem, two fabulous podcasts. DDI started out as a podcast and is now an Indie Rock HD radio station. I don't have an HD receiver, but this station might get me to switch from Satelite Radio (which I cancelled due to the stupid monthly fee) to HD radio; and J's IRM is from this dudes radio show on his North Carolina college radio station. Both great radio show/podcasts, and that's my long winded way of saying that's how I really got into Okkervill River. Anywho, great folk rockin stuff. I'm really enjoying their latest release, and look forward to hearing more from them.

No comments: